Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing diagrams with interactivity, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
Actions are OmniGraffle's word for interactivity.…It's a way of making objects clickable and different things, or actions, to happen…when that object is clicked.…This is not a traditional way of doing information architecture, but when you…have the opportunity, adding a little bit of interactivity with an action can…really add something interesting to your diagrams. Let's take a look.…I'm starting with a complete sitemap here, but there is a feature that's not indicated.…
It's the idea that there is a booking process for events.…And there is a layer here called Detail, but it's turned off.…So I'm going to turn it on so you can see. There we go.…That's the extra bit of content that we have Events Booking, and that this…is reachable from the Contact page as well as any of the pages in the Events section.…It's also important, and worth discussion in meetings, because the client has…indicated that getting more people to book events online is a goal of this web site.…
So when I reach this point in my presentation, I really want to talk about it in detail.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.