Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing stencil shapes, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
So, you have a good stencil picked out that has most of the shapes you need for a sitemap,…but maybe there is just some object that you need to represent that's not quite on there.…Well, it's no problem;…it's just time to customize that stencil a little bit to meet your needs.…I am going to show you exactly how in this movie.…I am starting with a blank document, and I am going to good drag out one of the shapes.…It's this Database silo, and that comes from the Web Flowchart stencil.…If you have questions about how to load and access this stencil, that's been…covered in previous movies.…
Drag this object out, and this is a pretty standard shape to represent a…database, or some sort of disk, or just data.…I am going to go down here, and instead of 100%,…I am going to go up to 200%, so we can a really close look at what we are doing…here on a single shape. That's great.…If I want to use the Database icon, but I want to augment it a little bit -…let's just say that I've got more than one database in my site, and I need…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.