Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom wireframing stencil, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
We've seen how useful OmniGraffle stencils are for the jobs of wireframing and…sitemapping, but what if you want all the convenience and consistency of a…stencil, but you want to use objects that you've customized?…Well the answer to that question is just to save your own customized stencil,…and I'm going to show you how in this movie.…I have a document open that has several objects that are custom to the work I've…been doing for this client.…I've got their logo available, and I've devised a couple of ways to stack…multiple items, and also a couple of custom database icons.…
So these were all things that I want to reuse for a sitemaps and all across this organization.…So I want to make them into a custom stencil, so they will be available to…myself, and I can share them with others.…To do that, I have to go up to File > New Resource > New Stencil.…As you see, that's a new document, and the only real difference at this point is…it says Stencil up here.…It's also unsaved at this point.…I'm going to select everything in this regular OmniGraffle document, copy, move…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.