Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom sitemap document style, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
Diagram styles in OmniGraffle are a great way to style your documents, because…they define not only the look of individual objects, but the hierarchy itself.…I want to show you what I mean and then also how to create custom document…styles that are particularly useful for sitemapping.…I'm starting with a blank document, and at first, I want to use one of the…built-in document style, so you can see how they work.…I'm going to go up to Format, and I'm going to Choose Diagram Style.…
I'm going to choose the basic one.…There are others available, and you see a lot of them refer org charts and other…types of diagrams you might need.…I'm going to use the basic one, just to make an example, so then I can make a…custom one for sitemapping.…Nothing happened yet, and to really get the idea of diagram styles, you need the Diagram tool.…That's it right there. Mine is already selected, but if you don't see it at…all, you might have to click the divider.…So open up the divider and click twice, because I do want persistent use.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.