Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting a homepage wireframe into a template, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
Wireframing requires that we diagram every major page type for our web site,…but many of these pages will have elements in common.…This movie is about how you create a template from the elements that will be on…every page, so you can reuse the parts that you don't need to change, and not…have to rebuild them.…Let's see how it works.…I am starting with the complete wireframe here, and a number of elements are…locked, like the background.…But there are also elements that I put on top of that background to make…the homepage wireframe.…
What I want to do now is to determine which of these elements will be persistent…on every page of my wireframe and which ones will change.…Anything that's going to change I am going to get rid of it for now, and just…save the things that will be on each and every page.…I want to point out that at this point, if I was in a regular process, I would…do a File > Save As.…What I mean by that is if this is your finalized homepage, you don't want to…start stripping elements off of it.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.