Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing wireframe content styles, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
How do we decide the look of our wireframe?…Now, I don't mean the layout of our web page.…That's the work we are going to do with the wireframe.…I mean the look of the actual elements for the wireframe.…And we know these are going to be fairly generic,…but the question is, exactly how are we going to represent the pieces of the web…site in the generic visual language of the wireframe?…That is what we are going to do in this movie.…I am starting with a document that has been prepared with a browser window, and…it's all locked into place.…
This is ready to work right on top of, and actually start wireframing.…I also have a stencil open.…It's the wireframe stencil that came with the exercise files.…If you are not sure how to work with stencils, or find them, I recommended that…you go to our previous movie in this course, or also check out the Essential…Training course on OmniGraffle.…So now I am going to just decide, what are the major elements that I need? And I…am going to identify parts of the stencil that will work there, and I will…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.