Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Building your first sitemap, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
It's time to apply the tools to the task;…it's time to actually make a sitemap with OmniGraffle.…In this movie, you'll start to see the real benefits of OmniGraffle and…its ease of use and flexibility with how quickly this initial sitemap comes together.…I am starting with a blank document here, and this is both a frightening and…exciting thing: the beginning of the process.…I'm going to make a really straightforward, even simple, sitemap.…I am going to use shapes, not any sort of fancy stencil, and I am going to focus…on process and just describing the content.…
I am going to start by dragging one shape out, a rectangle with curved corners,…which I like, and typing HOME. That will make the very simple shape model…for all of my pages.…This sitemap is going to diagram a small personal web site for a creative…professional like myself.…I am going to Option+Drag to make the next layer of pages and then fill in…the appropriate words.…
CONTACT looks a little funny, so I'll extend it up.…Now, to keep working quickly and focus on the ideas, I am going to click the…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.