Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Aligning and grouping for sitemaps, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
Do you want a quick way to make your sitemaps both more attractive and more functional?…The key is aligning and grouping, and you want to do them in that order, and…very strategically.…Let me show you what I mean, because it's really helpful for good sitemaps.…I'm starting with a sitemap, and it's maybe getting close to all the way built,…maybe 80% of the way there, but it's not looking very neat at all.…In fact, it looks like things were dragged all around while building this, and…haven't really been put back into an attractive place, and that's what I want to work on.…
If I start at the tertiary level, the bottom, I'm going to start to align these…using snapping, and when I am as close as I can get easily with snapping, I'm…going to switch over to my Alignment Inspector and make sure they're exact, and…also I'm going to check their distribution.…I'm just going to try this at zero, and you might notice what that looks like…more than zero space, but you can see, actually it is zero space between the…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.