Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding comments, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
One of the nice things about information architecture is that the rules aren't…very strict, and very rarely are communication tools taken off the table.…So, while wireframing is primarily a visual mode of communication, it doesn't…mean that you can't tell people things when you need to.…It doesn't mean that you can't write a little note or a comment.…And that's what this movie is about: putting comments on a wireframe.…So here I am with a, more or less, complete wireframe.…And the wireframing is done, but I just want to put a little note, so that the…people who read it will understand exactly how one part works.…
I also have my wireframe stencil open, and it includes this little blue box for notes.…And I'm going to go ahead and use that, just going to pull it out right there to use it.…Now a couple thoughts about that.…First of all, you don't need to use a stenciled note.…You can design something that just works for you.…It's not a very complicated shape.…Second of all, obviously, it's blue, and this is one of the exceptions to the…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.