Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrapping text around images, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…In Microsoft Word you can insert an image into a document,…in one of two ways, inline, or with text wrapping around it.…An inline image is treated as if it is a giant character of text.…It can be on the same line as other text, as you…see in this example, or it can be in its own paragraph.…An image with text wrapping is separate from the text.…Text can either wrap around it, appear on top of it, or appear beneath it.…If you set up an image with text wrapping, you can also specify, whether it…should move on the page as text moves due to editing or page break changes.…
Or put it in a fixed position on the page.…In this video, I'll explore some of the ways you could work with text…wrapping around images, including how you can fine tune settings to meet your needs.…I'm working with a document called Wrap Text which you can…find in the chapter six folder inside the exercise files folder.…To change the formatting of an image in…a Word document, begin by selecting the image.…Just click it.…A layout options button appears on the upper right side of the image.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.