…Microsoft Word makes it very easy to open files you've worked with…recently, it does this by maintaining a list of recently opened documents.…Let's take a look.…To open a file in Word, click File and then if necessary click Open.…What we're interested in is the recent…documents option, if it isn't selected, click it.…The list of files are all the documents you've worked with…recently in reverse chronological order with the most recent one on top.…
You can see an icon representing the document type, the…document name, and the location on disk for the document.…To open a document, click it.…It opens right up.…Now, let's try that again with another document.…I'll click file and you'll notice that when a document…is open information about that document appears when you click file.…I need to click Open.…This time I'll try the file named recent files.…Word displays an error message saying that it can't find…the document and asking if it was removed, renamed, or deleted.…
I happen to know that this document was deleted, and I wanted to…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.