…Microsoft Word offers a number of ways to handle document pagination.…There's automatic pagination, of course,…where Word automatically inserts page breaks…based upon paper and margin measurements and the contents of your document.…Then there's automatic pagination based upon paragraph settings that tell…Word to start a new page right before a paragraph.…And finally, there are manual page breaks that you could insert…anywhere you like, and set options to determine how they work.…In this video we'll explore each of…these pagination options, we'll use the document called…page breaks, which you could find in the…Chapter six folder inside the exercise files folder.…
I've got that document open in multiple page view with three pages displayed.…All of the page breaks that you see…here were automatically determined by Microsoft Word based upon…the paper size, which is standard US letter size,…the margin widths, and the contents of the document.…Let's scroll through this, so I'll use the page down key.…Word basically fits as much as it can on to each page before beginning a new page.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.