Here's a common organizational problem. I have a document, and I'd like to have…that document available in many different locations.…For example, I'd like that document available here, in this library, but also…in the New Employee Documents library, because I want to make sure every new…employee receives it. I'd also like it to live in a document…library in the inside sport intranet, and later on in the inside home intranet when…we create that. What's the problem?…Well the problem is, as soon as I have three or four copies of the document,…it's easy for one of them to get updated, or even two or three, but not all of them.…
I risk having different versions of this document.…In my perfect world what I want is one source document or master document that I…can then create copies of that synchronize back to that document.…So that when I change my source document, in just a couple of clicks I can…propagate any changes I made out to every copy of the document.…And whenever anyone goes to Edit the document, they'll see that it actually is…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.