Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with AutoText entries, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…Auto Text makes it possible to enter any text, including formatted…text, into a document quickly, and easily with no typing at all.…Word includes, two default Auto Text entries, your initials and your name.…But you can add anything you like as an…Auto Text entry, and insert it into any Word document.…In this video, I'll show you how.…Right now, I have a document called, Autotext from…the Chapter Three folder inside the Exercise Files folder.…It's a memo document.…
Suppose Jane, the main memo maker at Explore…California, wants to save the memo heading information as,…Boiler Play Text, that she can insert at the…top of any document to create a quick memo.…We can turn that into an auto-text entry.…Let's start by deleting the text we don't want to include in the auto text entry.…Because the person or people, future memos are addressed to…can change, we'll delete, to all tour staff, right up here.…So I'll select it, press back space.…And because the subject will be different…in every memo, we'll delete catalogue deadline.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.