Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Workflows: The basics, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
So, what's a workflow? Well, in your organization, a workflow is…a process that goes from one activity to the next, to the next, until it's complete.…So, in this example, perhaps we have a phone call with a customer.…And then, after we take the phone call, someone fills out an order form.…That order form is then sent to a supervisor who determines whether a group…of people need to do some work on it or whether it can simply be filed and then acknowledged.…
So, in this particular workflow, there are two different branches.…One branch that requires some human work and another branch that doesn't.…But this workflow could just as easily be a vacation request.…I'm applying for some time off. So, I fill out a form and I give it to my supervisor.…My supervisor can approve it, pass it along to HR, and then I get an email back…that says, have a great vacation. Or, perhaps, my supervisor has to have…someone else, their manager, sign off on it before it's sent to HR.…
And then, I receive permission to go on vacation or not.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.