In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to use the Home ribbon tab to enter data and work with text such as formatting and cell alignment.
- [Instructor] I have a new blank workbook open.…Let's start by adding some header rows.…I'm going to double tap into a cell to activate it,…and I'll start typing.…Here's something neat that you can do in Excel:…If you have data that's part of a series,…like numbers or months, I can tap and hold…on the cell and then immediately lift my finger up.…It's going to bring up a menu.…I can copy, paste, or clear the cells,…but I'm going to tap Fill.…
Now I need to decide if I want to fill data down or across.…I want to go across, so I'll drag the cells…to the right with my finger.…The months will be filled in automatically.…This will work for days of the week, hours, minutes,…or number series, but I can't do that for non-series data.…So I'll fill in some products manually now.…I'll double-tap on a cell to bring up…the keyboard and start typing.…I can tap Return on the keyboard to access a new line.…
Now that I've got some products,…I'm going to tap and type in some sales data.…Now that we have all the data in there,…we can start formatting it.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.