In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to work with inserting tables into Word for iPad. She'll show users basic techniques such as adding cells, formatting data, and working with cell size.
- [Instructor] You can create fantastic looking tables…in Word for iPad.…To insert a table, move the insertion point…where you want it in your document.…Change to the insert ribbon tab, and tap Table.…By default, a three by three table will be inserted.…I'm going to go ahead and get some data in there,…so we can start working on our table.…To move between each cell,…tap the cursor, and you can start typing in each table cell.…Now that we have some data,…we can format our cells a little bit.…
The first thing that you can do is resize them.…I'll tap away from the keyboard so that we can see…the table more clearly.…You can resize all of the columns and rows at once…to identical widths by tapping the table once…to select it, and then,…tapping the arrows on the bottom righthand side…of the table.…Tap and drag in to make the table smaller,…and out to make the table wider.…You can also resize one column or row at a time,…by tapping within the extra lines…that are outside of the table.…
I'll tap on that bottom lefthand side of the table.…
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.