In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to work with functions and formulas, and how to enter them into cells.
- [Instructor] Formulas and functions are at the heart…of what makes Excel so powerful.…Formulas and functions allow you to transform data…and preform complex calculations on that data.…Whether it's an operation on text or a number or a date.…To enter a formula from scratch, tap into the cell,…and start with an equal sign,…just like you do in the desktop version of Excel.…You can start typing your function if you know it,…or you can also tap the fx button directly…to the left of the equal sign…and look up the functions that are already there…in Excel for iPad.…
You can also tap on the Formulas ribbon tab.…It shows you all the functions that you can choose from.…Tapping the i with a circle around it…will give you information and tell you how…to use that function.…It tells you how it works,…and you'll see how to type the function,…and how to enter any cell or data parameters…that it might need.…You can also fill in formulas and functions to other cells.…I'm going to delete this one.…Let's do a quick auto sum.…
I can tap at the bottom of any column's worth of data.…
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.