Microsoft Word has some touch points with SharePoint as well.…We already know that when you create a new Document Library, by default, the…document type for new documents is a Word document.…So, it's clear that SharePoint knows how to support Microsoft Word.…But there are some interesting things that we can examine that tell us more…about the relationship between these two applications.…First, we already know how to edit a Microsoft Word document from SharePoint.…We simply go into our Documents Library, point to the Word document, click on the…Call Out and say, I'd like to open this document.…
Microsoft Word starts, and the document opens.…And again, if you're opening this outside of a trusted environment, you may be…asked to enable editing and you may be prompted a couple of times on your way here.…But here we are in Microsoft Word and we can easily edit this document.…If we have a library that requires check in and check out, we can check the…document in and out with Microsoft Word. All of that works just fine.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.