A tour of the most anticipated updates and new features in Office 2013, now available as a public customer preview release.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Office 2013 First Look. I'm David Rivers. Code named Office 15, Microsoft just released its customer preview of the new Office 2013 to the public, and in this course we're going to explore what's new and enhanced in this latest rendition of the Office Suite. We'll start with what it takes to get Office 2013 installed on your computer, and then we'll explore some of the suite-wide enhancements you'll notice no matter what program you're working with in the suite. Then, it's on to some of those individual programs to investigate new and enhanced features and functions in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook.
Although experienced Office users will definitely feel comfortable in familiar surroundings, there are still some big changes to explore in this customer preview of Office 2013. Let's get started.
- Exploring the Metro user interface
- Integrating with social networking
- Inserting online video into Word documents
- Filtering Excel records using a timeline
- Converting numbers to roman numerals in Excel
- Creating custom shapes in PowerPoint
- Working with the new Outlook interface
- Integrating with SharePoint