Shares the keyboard shortcuts, workflows, and commands that can transform the casual Word 2010 user into a pro, including helpful and lesser-known techniques for document navigation, content creation, formatting, layout, working with data, and graphics integration.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Alicia Katz Pollock and I'd like to welcome you to Word 2010 Power Shortcuts. In this course, I'll show you a number of unconventional tips and tricks designed to make you more effective and efficient with Microsoft Word 2010. I'll show you several ways to navigate anywhere in your document without scrolling. We'll take a look at creative ways to manipulate your font formatting. I'll walk you through a number of techniques to work with images, so that you don't have to round trip your artwork into advanced graphic applications. We'll also explore a variety of features to automate your complex documents using styles and field references.
Whether you're new to Word or an experienced master, these techniques will shave hours off your document development. So, let's jump in to Word 2010 Power Shortcuts.
- Opening recent files
- Using keyboard shortcuts and F keys
- Utilizing the Navigation Pane
- Inserting boilerplate text
- Editing the dictionary
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Using styles creatively
- Replicating font formatting
- Mastering columns
- Adding captions to tables, figures, and charts
- Working with graphics
- Linking Excel objects
- Setting up page numbers and cross-references
- Printing a booklet
- Printing document metadata