Unlock the full capabilities of Word 2013 with expert tips, tricks, and shortcuts.
(lynda.com jingle) - [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Maria Langer and I'd like to welcome you to Word 2013 Power Shortcuts. In this course I'll help you get the most out of using microsoft word 2013 by sharing some of my favorite power user tips, tricks, and shortcuts. I'll start by telling you about some tips that every Word user should know, then I'll move onto techniques for working with files, entering and editing text, formatting document contents, and publishing your documents to share them with others.
Each video's a stand alone lesson to help you move beyond the basics and become more productive and effective using Microsoft Word. Since this course builds upon skills that experienced Word users should already have, to make the most out of this course, you'll need a basic understanding of how Microsoft Word works. If you're brand new to Word, you might want to set this course aside for awhile and explore some other lynda.com courses first. Word 2013 Essential Training is a good place to start. If you've used a previous version of Word but Word 2013 is new to you, check out Office 2013 New Features to see what's new, then when you're ready, come on back and dive in here.
Ready to take Microsoft word to the next level? Let's get started.
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.