There are a number of integration points between Visio and SharePoint and we're…going to look at a couple of them in this course.…The first is that when I create a document in Visio I can easily save it in…SharePoint and the same way I can create and save any other Microsoft Office…document in SharePoint. So, when I choose to File, I can then…save the document or choose Save As. And here are my web locations, my…SharePoint sites. When the document is on the site, though,…there are a couple of other interesting things that we might want to know about it.…
Here in SharePoint there's a Visio document.…Now, remember that in most organizations and probably in your organization as…well, there are a number of users who would like to see Visio diagrams but only…a small number of users that actually have Visio installed.…So, when a user goes to open this particular document, and they don't have…Visio, or even if they do, it initially will open here in this Visio Web Access Viewer.…So, this allows you to create Visio documents, post them and have other…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.