The sites page, is a place where you can create a new site, where you can search,…or where you can view sites that you are following.…A reminder of how we would follow a site, for example, if we wanted to follow the…employee self-service site, we would simply click the follow button, and we're…now following this site. If I wanted to follow inside sport, I…simply click and chose follow, and now when I go to sites, I'll see that I'm…following those two sites. So, I have control over what appears here…and what doesn't appear here. Yeah, I can follow a site for a while…because I'm interested in its content. And then when my focus or my job function…changes, I can say, I actually don't need to follow this site anymore.…
As you add sites to the list, eventually, you will start to get suggestions about…sites that you could follow. I won't get many suggestions from having…just two sites, but over time, SharePoint is tuned to say, well based on your profile.…And the people you follow, and the sites that you're following, and the content…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.