Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing your newsfeed, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
SharePoint 2013 has a lot of social networking capability.…This area in the upper right hand corner, where you have your name and it has about…me, that's your profile, this part of social networking.…But so is the news feed and SkyDrive sites.…Let's go ahead and look at the news feed, which is where you would see information…that you or others had posted. And I just got here, so this is what it…looks like, there's nothing here. For example, this isn't me, I kind of…look like that, but not quite. But I can change my photo, but I haven't…done that. I'm following no people, no documents, no…sites, and because of that there's no content here.…
There's a hint that says, it's pretty quiet here.…Follow more people to see some activity, or to see what everyone's talking about.…Someone has mentioned me, but I don't know who it is yet.…So if your news feed looks like this, then you need to pay attention to the…next few movies, where you'll find out how to build out your profile.…How to follow folks, how to Microblog up here by sharing comments with everybody.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.