Let's take a look at how you examine the permissions for groups and individuals in…a SharePoint site. I'm going to click the Settings button…and choose Site Settings, and I will see a whole lot of settings because I'm an…administrator, an owner on this site. If you're not an owner on this site you…may not see very much here. You might only see a couple of choices,…and that would let you know that you don't have the sufficient permission to…do what we're going to do right now. I'm going to click in the users and…permissions group, site permissions. These are the groups that are set up for…this site, and if there were any individuals listed they would also show…here, but I don't have any individuals who have permission on this site.…
That's a good thing. So here is the No Obstacles Members group.…The No Obstacles Owners group. And the No Obstacles Visitors group.…So let's go take a look at the permissions that have been given to each…of those. Broadly the members can edit, owners have…full control, and visitors can read, but it's actually a little more interesting…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.