When you visit a SharePoint site, you don't necessarily see every single piece…of the site when you look on the Quick Launch, because the person who develops…the site can make choices about whether or not particular libraries or lists are…available over here on the Quick Launch. This is prime real estate here.…So if I have 15 or 20 different apps. 15 of 20 different lists or libraries or…pieces of information on my site. I don't necessarily want all of them to…appear on a quick launch. Only the ones that you need to get to on…a regular basis. Because there are other ways I can…provide navigation. And I might have libraries and lists that…I actually don't want to have exposed so that people would go and open them.…
Perhaps I have a list of information that's used within the sit itself, and…there's no need for normal users to go in and to modify it.…That's something that the site owner would do.…So in that case I won't put it on the Quick Launch either.…So how do I get to the things that aren't on the Quick Launch?…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.