Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing SharePoint on the desktop, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
When we work with SharePoint, we're working in a browser.…So, our browser version actually changes what we see when we look at SharePoint.…Also, Windows Effects are SharePoint Settings.…So right now, in this course, when you're working along with me, you're seeing my…screen, which is Windows 8. So, this is a Metro view, and also the…latest version of Internet Explorer. You'll notice that there are no tabs, for example.…I can't look at other pages of this site side by side because the Metro view in…Windows 8 and Internet Explorer combine to give me this Single Window view of SharePoint.…
But there are many times that I want to be looking at SharePoint and looking at…another page and be able to easily flip back and forth.…Now, if I go to the bottom of my screen and this is my Internet Explorer feature,…I can simply right-click on my screen anywhere and I can switch back to another screen.…So, that's not hard, but I'd actually like to have tabs and work with them side…by side. Or, I might want to be able to work with…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.