Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video View archive data files, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- Just before I…began this movie,…I changed my AutoArchive settings…so that I would be prompted to…AutoArchive every single day,…so that you can see what this process looks like.…Again I am only doing this for demonstration,…I am normally set up…to AutoArchive every seven days,…but here's the prompt that I requested:…"Would you like to AutoArchive your old items now?"…Once I've seen this I can say…Don't ask me about this again if I wish,…I can also go look at my AutoArchive settings…but the point of this is really to say yes,…I'm ready,…please AutoArchive.…
Remember this happens as soon as I log in,…so it's really easy to say…Oh, come on, I want to do other things,…or I didn't log in to AutoArchive.…But it really doesn't take…that long to AutoArchive,…particularly if you do it on a regular basis.…If you find yourself saying no all the time,…you might want to consider…a different method.…For example, logging out of Outlook…towards the end of the day…and logging back in to be prompted,…or you can always go to File,…Clean Up,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.