…Microsoft word offers several different ways,…to quickly and consistently format your documents.…I have already discussed one of them in several of these videos.…Styles, Word's style feature enables you to apply formatting…based on the use of text in your documents.…For example body text might have one style, and headings might have another.…You could see this in the first three pages of the sample document.…Which is called themes and could be found in…the Chapter five folder inside the exercise files folder.…For example on the first page here, I've gotta…title, I've got a subtitle, I've got some other text.…
I've gotta headings here, level one headings,…level two headings on these two pages,…I've gotta bulleted list here, I've gotta body text, I've got headers and footers.…These are all done with styles.…When you apply styles consistently throughout…your document you're assured of consistent formatting.…As a bonus, any time you change the definition of a style, your…changes apply to all texts with that style assigned through out the document.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.