Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using project sites to manage work, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
I'm here in my news feed, and last week, Mark LaCie was proposing a sourcing…practices project, and here's the hashtag, hash purchaseproject.…And we've had some conversation, Juan Ricardo's had something to say about it…and I've said, I think we should automate this.…But what's a project anyway? Well, project is an effort to create a…unique product or service. In this case, the service would be…revamping the purchasing process here at No Obstacles.…Projects are bounded by time and resources and requirements, which is…another way of saying they have clearly defined timelines, clearly defined…budgets, and goals that are specific. And projects are different from the…ongoing efforts of your organization. Often, people who are first learning…about project management are trying to find some way that they can say their job…is a project. But most of what we do every day isn't a…project, unless, you're a person who is always a member of a project team or…you're a project manager. Most of us have ongoing work that happens…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.