Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using out-of-the-box workflows, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
Every version of SharePoint, comes with some out of the box workflows.…The one that is in every version is actually called a three state workflow.…And then we have some others that are based on a three state workflow.…The three state workflow, assumes a column that has exactly three states that…something moves through. And the issues list gives us a prime…example of that, because if we create a new item, the issue when you first create…it is active. Then the issue gets worked on by…someone, and when they're done with it, it is resolved.…
And then, when the person who raised the issue has checked on it, it's closed.…Three states. One, two, three.…Now, there are lots of lists that have just three items in them.…One, two, three, one, two, three. But with a three-state workflow, there's…an assumption that something is moving through time.…So, we're going to create a three state work flow here on our issues list.…Let's start by clicking List, and go to WorkFlow settings, and we have some choices.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.