Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a list, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
Like our new this week web part, our events web part, and flash news web part…can also be sorted and filtered, using the headings.…So for example, if we had many announcements in our news flash, we could…sort it by clicking on title. We can also filter, and if we click this…dropdown we, we can actually filter, based on when something was modified.…So this one works really well. But if we have something either that…recurs or that where multiple items are allowed.…You might find that you actually can't sort on a column.…
Says this column type can't be sorted but in this case we can still filter.…There are other types of columns that you can not filter either.…So if you click a dropdown and it says you can't do that, there's nothing you…did wrong. It's simply based on how the data…actually works. But normally, for most of our regular…columns in Excel spreadsheet type data tables.…You'll be able to sort and filter to your hearts content.…You'll be able to sort and filter as much as you would like.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.