There are two broad categories of content that you'll use in SharePoint, Libraries…and Lists. That's not all inclusive, but it's a lot…of your content and lists are analogous to Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets or Task…Lists in applications like Microsoft Outlook.…In a list, each row is a record and has information.…So if we look, for example, at the Events Web part, it's a list, and actually the…Newsflash Web Part above it is also a list.…The Library on the other hand, on the right, new this week, is actually…composed not of records of information, but of documents and so every single item…here is a document. We can also have Picture libraries that…hold images or Video libraries, or we can put pictures and videos right here in…this library if we wish. There are some basic things that you can…do to every Web part, whether it contains a Library or a List.…
For example, I can choose to sort this in alphabetical order.…Simply click on the name Hyperlink, we wait a second.…And now it's sorted in order. Click again, it's sorted in the opposite…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.