Join Julie Sheets for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of OneNote 2013: Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam (77-421).
- [Voiceover] The Exercise Files in this course are free for all members. To start, you can download the Exercise File package to a location on your computer. I've placed mine here on the desktop so it's easy for me to get to. When you open the Exercise Files folder, you're gonna see a series of files. Each folder corresponds to a chapter in the course. I'll tell you when to open each file as we work through the course together.
Remember that when working with a OneNote notebook file, you'll need to open the folder, and then for example, if I want to work with a OneNote file in Chapter 03_05, I'm gonna open the 03_05 folder, and all of the files for my OneNote notebook are contained in a single file folder. You'll need to open that folder and then double-click on the Open Notebook file to actually launch the OneNote notebook.
Here's my OneNote notebook, and I'm ready to follow along.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.