Whenever you have a content type that you want to use, whether it's a regular…content type or this document set content type.…You actually need to enable a library to use it.…So, here we are in Inside Projects. We want to use our new document set here.…So I'm going to click Documents, choose Library from the Ribbon, and go to the…Library settings. And we're going to go directly to the…Advanced settings, and say we want to allow management of Content types, and okay.…
When I allow Content Type management, I get a new section here on my Properties…page for the library. I'm going to Add from existing site…content types. And if I want to make this easy, I can go…to the Custom Content Types, and here's my Project Approval.…That's the description we entered, includes the documents required for…project review and approval. Click Add and OK.…Now, notice that our library will now support two different types of documents.…A Document document, which can be anything.…
And a Project Approval which happens to be a document set.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.