With SharePoint 2013, Microsoft has made huge advances in supporting social…computing and social networking around organizations.…Communities are one piece of this. Communities are a new construct in…SharePoint 2013. In the past, we've supported groups,…administrators, members, visitors. But Communities are somewhat different…then all of those things. There are two new site templates that are…used with Communities. One is called the Community Site, the…other is the Community Portal. But before we begin looking at what those…things do, let's talk about what this thing called Community actually is.…
Electronic communities are organized social spaces, or organized discussion…spaces, and they have attributes that other electronic groups don't necessarily have.…One is that Community members can post and reply but that's true with e-mail, too.…What makes a community different is that Visitors can actually view those…discussions and request membership. So, if we were thinking about an e-mail…distribution list, for example, all of the Community members can post and reply,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.