Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using asset libraries and rich media, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
- View Offline
The SharePoint asset library is a vastly improved feature in SharePoint 2013.…And there are also some new ways that you get to work with both rich media and…video here in 2013. And the two of those come together in…some really powerful ways. So I'm looking at a library called Sport…Assets, in my Inside Sports SharePoint site.…Let me show you first how I created this. All I did was go to site contents, and…added a New app, and the New app is of the asset library type.…
So here we are in our asset library, and it has images.…We're seeing thumbnails now we can take a look at an all assets view, really similar.…And these are all videos. So if I click on a video, what we'd like…to have happen and what's actually going to happen are two different things.…And I'll talk to you a bit about why. When I click I'm actually taken to a…custom page for this particular video. And that's amazing and wonderful.…The other thing I have is the opportunity to install Microsoft Silverlight.…
That's not so great because we've actually installed it already.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.