Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Word fields, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…Microsoft Word's Field feature makes it possible to insert…placeholders for information that might change in a document.…Although this feature is most obvious when using Word's merge feature…to create form letters and other mail merge documents, it's also used…for automatic page numbering and can be used to insert dates…or times that change automatically when a document is saved or printed.…In this video, we'll take a look at Word's…Field feature as related to dates and page numbers.…I'll also show you how you can manually insert a Word Field using the Field dialog…box, as well as how to make sure a field contents are updated when you print.…
Right now, I am working with a file called Fields…in the chapter three folder, inside the exercise files folder.…I'm creating a document that can be used as a letter head template.…I want to insert the date in a format that will make it…possible for the date to automatically update each time I create a new letter.…I can do that by inserting the date as a Word Field.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.