…Words quick part gallery is a collection…of pre-defined text snippets, links to document…metadata, and document building blocks that you…can insert into your documents as needed.…It comes preconfigured with many useful document components.…In this video, we'll take a look at how to…access two kinds of quick parts, auto text and document properties.…We'll explore other related options in the other videos in this chapter.…I'll experiment with a document called quick parts in…the chapter three folder inside the exercise files folder.…
Let's take a look at what's available in Word first.…Quick parts can be found on the insert ribbon, so I'll…click insert, and then I'll click quick parts, which is right here.…There are five menu options.…Auto text enables you to insert auto text entries, which…are custom text snippets you might find useful for boilerplate text.…When you install Word, it creates two of these entries for you.…One is your initials, and the other is your name.…Document property enables you to insert 15…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.