Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Outline mode to edit content directly, part of PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Sometimes you just need to edit or would like to add content directly without the visual…clutter behind your photos, clip-art, and design of your presentation.…This is what Outline view is for.…Let's get into Outline view by going to view Ribbon Tab and selecting Outline view.…Now, what happens is all your slides go away, and you're left with a Text Only version of your presentation.…The neat thing is I can still click on any of these slides, and see what they look like on the right-hand side.…But I can actually edit this text directly right here in this navigator.…
For example, I can come down here, and you remember Our Products & Development slide…that we worked on a couple of videos back, I can work on this right in line from this view.…So, I'm going to put my cursor over here at the end where I want to delete a line, hit…the Backspace key, and it's just like I'm working on it inline.…In fact, I can even look over here on the right and see what I've changed.…Alternatively, I can add more by coming down here to the bottom, and typing.…
- Touring the PowerPoint interface
- Creating a presentation
- Adding, removing, and rearranging slides
- Adding and formatting pictures
- Working with bullet points
- Inserting tables from Excel
- Adding shapes and creating diagrams
- Inserting audio and video clips
- Delivering your presentation
- Reusing and sharing a presentation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speakingwith Todd Dewett26m 26s Intermediate
1. Navigating PowerPoint
2. Working with Presentations
3. Working with Slides
4. Adding Pictures to Slides
5. Adding Content to Slides
6. Adding Shapes, Diagrams, and Charts to Slides
7. Adding Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
8. Preparing the Presentation
9. Delivering Your Presentation
10. Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.