I have a need for a list in SharePoint, and that data already exists in Microsoft Excel.…There are two or three different ways to get that data here.…The way we don't want to use, is to print it out and to sit and type it again.…Because re-entering data or retyping data always creates the opportunity for…additional data entry errors, as well as just being a waste of our time.…So what we would like to do is grab this data from Excel.…And there are two very different ways to do this, that will create a copy of the data.…The first is to say I want to import it into SharePoint, the second method is to…be in Excel and say I want to export it out of Excel to SharePoint.…
We're going to look at that second method later, when we take a look at the…integration touch points between Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint.…And there are reasons that we actually might prefer that method, because we'd…like to be able to work with the data later on in Microsoft Excel.…But right now, all we want is the list that's here and we're going to do that by…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.