Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Format Painter, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…The format painter tool makes it quick and easy…to duplicate the formatting of text in your documents.…Ineffect is a sort of copy and paste for formatting.…This not only helps you to consistently…format your documents, but it makes it possible…to apply several different types of formating, for…example bold, italic, font color, line spacing, indentation.…All at once, without using styles.…In this video, I'll explain how to use the format painter…in your documents and how it differs from word styles feature.…
We'll use the document called format painter which you can…find in the chapter five folder inside the exercise files folder.…Let's start with a quick example.…Suppose I want the words format painter formatted exactly as you…see them in the first paragraph here throughout the whole document.…The text is blue, italic, and bold.…It could have some other formatting applied to it as well.…While I could simply apply each individual type of…formatting to this phrase every time I see it,.…The format painter offers a quicker solution.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.