In some of your libraries, you may have documents that you are required to check…out before you edit and check back in. Now to be clear, what check in and check…out does is it makes sure that if Mark has checked out a document and is editing…it, that I can't accidentally also edit it.…Because if I did, there would be no way to make sure that my changes and Mark's…were actually synchronized with each other.…And it could even be that we'd changed the same part of the document…accidentally but in different ways. So, when you check a document out, you're…the only person who can edit it. Other people can create a read-only copy…that they edit. But the document version that's here in…SharePoint is reserved only for you while it's checked out.…
When I'm done with the document, I check it back in and make it available for others.…So, with this particular document, I have a choice, for example, to check it out.…That's one place I can check this document out.…I can also select the document and go to the Files tab on the Ribbon and choose…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.