The Research tool in PowerPoint allows users to look up definitions, alternate words, and other tools right from within PowerPoint. In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how quickly it is to translate a presentation into another language using the Translate tool. The tool uses an Internet connection to quickly translate a block of text from one language to another.
- [Voiceover] It's easy to translate your presentation…to another language.…Here's our Mission slide.…If we need to translate this presentation…for another language, I can highlight the text…by clicking and dragging with my mouse to select all of it,…and change to the Review ribbon tab.…From here, click Translate.…I'll select Translate Selected Text,…and I'm going to get a message letting me know…that this text is going to be sent over the internet,…though in a secured format, to Microsoft or a different…third party translation service provider.…
They need to know that I'm okay with that.…I am, so I'll click Yes.…And it's also important to note that this tells us…that you do need an internet connection…before you can use this tool.…The research pane comes up.…In the Translation area, I can choose the From language…and the To language.…There's an extensive list of languages I can choose from.…Here's the translation, and because my text…is still selected in the slide,…I can simply click Insert,…and the text is swapped.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall the options for accessing frequently tools easily.
- List the buttons that are part of the background removal tool.
- Recall the benefits of using sections.
- Explain the features of smart guides.
- Recognize how to practice presenting your presentation while keeping track of how long it takes.
- List the features of the Presenter view.