Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use conditional formatting to highlight important messages, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] Another way I can make messages stand out…is to use conditional formatting.…In some prior versions of Outlook…you had the choice to organize by color.…If you wonder where that feature's gone,…it's now called conditional formatting…and it's in the Advanced View setting.…So if we go back to View,…and choose a view, right now I'm using single,…and we then Manage Views,…choose the single view and go to modify,…we've been here before,…right here, conditional formatting.…
And these are the conditional formatting rules…that are being used for this view.…A lot of conditional formatting already build in,…notice, unread messages have an…11 point bold font and they're blue.…Unread group headers, if there's a…whole group I haven't looked at, that will be bold.…Submitted, but not sent, italicized.…You'll see this in the outbox.…Expired email, with a line through it.…Overdue email, red.…
Messages that are from other folders…shown in a conversation, italicized, light.…Site mailbox documents pending upload, that same color.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.