Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use built-in Quick Steps, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] When you have any mail folder selected,…you will see, in the center of the Home tab of the ribbon,…a group of commands that are specific to email.…You don't see these when you're in the Calendar,…or in Tasks,…these are Quick Steps, and they were created…specifically to help you be more effective…when you are working with email.…Quick Steps are like macros,…that you would write or record in Word or Excel.…
But here we will lay them out step-by-step,…the actions that we would like them to take.…There are built-in Quick Steps.…The first is named after the first folder that I created,…which is to allow me to move something to that folder,…Bay Area IT 2019.…Then To Manager, Team Email, Done,…Reply & Delete, and then simply Create New.…If I click the dropdown arrow,…you'll see that I can create new Quick Steps here…of various type, and I can manage my Quick Steps.…
But in this movie we're going to focus…on the five built-in Quick Steps that are here.…Let's start with To Manager.…When I hover over the To Manager Quick Step,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.