Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use automatic replies, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] There is one more rules based feature…and that's Automatic Replies,…which used to be called Out of Office Assistant.…And indeed, most people still call it…the Out of Office Assistant or Out of Office Rules.…These are rules that allow you to set up Outlook…to manage messages that are coming in,…whether they're coming from inside or outside…of your organization so you don't return to work…and have a lot of people wondering…why you never replied to them.…
To get to Automatic Replies, they're not in the Move area,…they're actually backstage, so you click File…and with Info selected, which it automatically is,…you'll see Automatic Replies…and you will click here…to get to Automatic Replies.…By default, there are no automatic replies,…but most organizations require you…to do something with Automatic Replies.…Some organizations are very stringent…about what you need to do…and some of them are a little more wide ranging.…
There are two different choices that we have here…once you say you'd like to send automatic replies.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.