The SharePoint 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist exam (77-419) has several exam objectives covering the Announcements list. In support of those objectives, this video walks viewers through creating a list using the Announcements app template, adding items to the list, as well as creating a filtered view to show only active items.
- [Voiceover] Another app in SharePoint…that helps us keep on top of information…is the Announcements List.…This list is a great way to recreate…the old company bulletin board in an electronic version.…So in this video, we'll take a look…at creating an announcements list…and, of course, adding some items.…And we're going to create a new view…in the Announcements list…to make sure that the announcements that we're viewing…are up to date.…So, we're back in our SharePoint site,…and it's time to add our Announcements list.…
I'll go to the settings gear,…choose Add an app,…and again, I'm going to use the ability to help me…find an app without having to scroll through the list.…So I'll enter in part of the name of the app in the list,…search for it, and here's my Announcements.…So I'll add my Announcements,…and I'm going to call this CompanyAnnouncements,…again, making sure I don't put any spaces into the name.…Once I create my Announcements list,…seeing it in Site Contents,…I'll go after the ellipsis to the right…and I'm gonna quickly jump into Settings,…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating and configuring lists
- Modifying list items, views, and columns
- Creating and editing libraries
- Setting up content types
- Managing SharePoint sites
- Creating new site pages
- Sharing information in newsfeeds and blogs
- Storing files in OneDrive
- Refining SharePoint search results
Skill Level Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist SharePoint 2013 Exam Overview
MOS preparation and testing1m 22s
2. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Lists
3. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Document Libraries
4. Managing SharePoint Sites
5. Participating in User Communities
6. Configuring and Consuming Search Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.