Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Mailbox Cleanup, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] The Clean Up feature,…also found on the Home tab,…is like a prescient form of Ignore.…Rather than directing Outlook to…ignore and remove a certain conversation,…we're giving Outlook some marching orders…and saying use the tracking information…that's built into email…and determine if any of the messages…in this particular conversation are redundant.…A message, perhaps, where someone has said…"I agree with this,"…three other people have written to say…"Me too,"…or parallel messages that are sent at the same time…with similar content.…
Outlook examines them…and if they exist, it removes them.…You choose the conversation,…you go to Clean Up,…Clean Up Conversation.…If we didn't read the help text…that we saw when we were hovering,…this would be a good time to read it now.…I like seeing this,…so I'm going to leave it…and I'm going to click Clean Up…and say OK.…And we're down to one message,…so this was cleaned up…and the messages that are copied in here,…which includes my sent items,…Leslie's original email,…are all embedded in this message,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.